If you’re saying to yourself, “I want to sell my manga online“, then below you’ll see the best place to sell manga to make a nice income from your manga drawings. I’m crazy about manga just like a lot of people. This trend is not dying anytime soon, so why not capitalize on the opportunity.
I’ve come to find that there are some really fantastic artists that draw incredible manga, yet are still not well known. Because it’s difficult to get publishers to notice you and your drawings, more and more are wanting to know how they can make money from their Manga. Let’s get into…
How to Sell Manga Drawings
Quick Skip Contents
If you’re asking how to sell your manga online, I’ll give you an example of what my buddy does. He’s obsessed with Manga and is darn good at drawing. He showed me all he’s learned to market and sell not only his drawings but the comic books he creates.
Fascinated by all the ideas for products he had; I showed him the free WA online business community he needed to be a part of to learn to get his art out to the masses and get the training needed to sell more products online.
As a member here, he could also learn to create a business where he teaches this obscure, hard to learn drawing technique. Either by creating an online membership site with courses or Manga tutorial for beginners e-book that teach everything step-by-step.
He could also earn by helping others quickly learn the styles and details that makes Manga drawings perfect for the manga world, while creating his own comics and selling them online as well.
Here are some ideas for the best place to sell manga so you can to start selling your own manga drawings online:
- You could draw characters or logos, designs etc. for other people on sites like Fiverr.
- You could put your manga characters on t-shirts, sweaters, mugs, posters, phone cases using sites like Printful.
- Self-publish your comic book series, graphic novel on Amazon Kindle eReader.
Once you have a built a following (you should also use social media to promote your links) you’ll be able to earn a consistent income and grow your business into perhaps even a print on demand business where you would sell your images that are printed on different items.
IMPORTANT: Even though you’ll be creating your products, artwork, graphic novels, courses, or listing your services, you’ll still need to learn how to market yourself and promote your products/service. This is where the WA online business community comes into play (link above).
What would it take to create an online Manga drawing course? For example, you could create a series of lessons such as the topics below.
Learning How to Draw Manga Eyes
Probably the most interesting and captivating aspect of Manga characters are their eyes. You need to master the critical aspect of capturing emotion. The best part about creating a course is it will teach beginners to draw realistic yet highly stylized manga eyes.
Some points to touch on could be:
- Small line details along the eyes will change a characters mood dramatically and will allow you to portray any expression you’re looking for
- Most artists struggle with this area but you’ll know how to draw a vast array of eyes to incorporate among other skills such as drawing hair.
- By learning all of these elements you will be able to come up with many different characters of various ages and genders.
How to Draw Manga Hair
There are a plethora of hairstyles that you could choose when it comes to your Manga character, that’s why your going to need to use various techniques. Most like the ‘big hair’ style and it is becoming more and more popular. The tutorial should go into great detail because of the importance of how the hair makes the character look.
Some of the chapters could be regarding the following:
- If you’re having a hard time with the hair then this is what you need to get it right and have multiple styles that you can use. Drawing crazy hairstyles will become second nature to you and will allow form more creativity.
- You’ll be learning advance cartooning techniques to give your characters life and movement as well as objects to interact with.
- The 3D aspect is also discussed and guides you through to take notice of the subtle differences between body shape, male and female and will help with being able to put you characters into all sorts of positions such as jumping, shouting, punching, sitting, walking, running, crawling, and attack mode.
Draw Your Own Manga Series
After you’ve acquired the skill set to be able to draw freestyle Manga, you’ll eventually want to create longer stories. You can let your imagination run wild because you not only will be able to draw the characters any way you like, but also any accessories, weapons, backgrounds as well various font types.
- You’ll be equipped to create scenarios unique to your characters and the lives they lead through an elaborate series.
- When you can capture scene that are pleasant to the eye as a whole, then you’ve become a true Manga master. People around you will think you have graduated from an expensive art school.
Writing Your Own Manga Script
The lessons also should go into script writing and how to write a full production comic strip. Another facet you’ll make creators understand, is how to sequence and place panels and edit, as well as format it into their very own comic book.
Some other tips include:
- Structured layouts and dialogue that pull the reader in.
- Creating a brand/ comic name. Character names.
- Drafting techniques that make your script easier on the eyes.
- Captivating text balloons with punchlines that excite.
- Good use of humor to entertain and connect plot lines.
- Employ the use of symbols to amplify meaning and depth.
Publishing A Manga Comic
The next major step is sharing your work of art with the rest of the world and establish yourself in the Manga industry. If you are able to employ & learn online marketing techniques to get more readers and develop a following, as well as make money from your Manga artwork.
One of the best places I’ve found to learn how to earn a living from your passions is this WA online business community. (mentioned above) It is free to join and there are hundreds of artists marketing their artwork and members there are helping others to market their material and create an online business out of Manga products.
You’ll learn how to sell manga online, distributing through marketplaces such as Amazon.com and Kindle. There are hundreds more channels that you could utilize for getting your work out to the masses while earning good money.
So do yourself a favor and become a member to take your drawing to the next level by making money online while doing something you love.
P.S. I am also mentoring in the community if you would like personal 1-on-1 coaching (at no cost to you).